Proven Lawyers Serving the Needs of Connecticut Residents
Accomplished Connecticut general practice firm handles a wide range of legal matters
When you are faced with an important legal concern, you need an advocate and advisor who takes the time to understand your particular needs and goals. Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. is a general practice law firm with offices in Hamden and East Haven. In each practice area that we handle, our attorneys are committed to providing our clients with exceptional legal representation, in an effective, cost-efficient manner. Our client-oriented approach means our attorneys and staff work diligently to exceed your expectations. Known for our integrity and our practical approach to legal representation, clients understand that, when they come to us for legal advice, they will get straight talk and straight answers so that they fully understand all of their options.
Established firm offers exceptional advice, advocacy and service
Choosing the right attorney could make a crucial difference in your case, regardless of the type of legal assistance you seek. We are known as:
- Highly regarded advocates — Former clients and professional colleagues have recognized our lawyers’ knowledge and ability to secure successful results in personal injury and employment law cases, among others, regardless of how complex the situation might seem. Our experience in the courtroom helps clients anticipate what might occur if a case goes to trial.
- Innovative legal strategists — We develop detailed legal strategies that are tailored to fit the relevant circumstances and the specific objectives of the people we represent. With more than 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys know how to find innovative solutions that help clients thrive.
- Aggressive courtroom litigators — We strive to negotiate mutually agreeable settlements that save time and money, but in many cases, going to court is the best option. We deliver aggressive advocacy and make compelling arguments before judges and juries.
From start to finish, we are confident that you will understand why we say that when results matter, experience counts.
Attorneys handle injury, estate, property, employment and labor law matters
In New Haven County and other parts of Connecticut, our accomplished attorneys handle a wide range of legal concerns, including situations relating to:
- Personal injury — Our firm takes on all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including claims arising from slip and fall incidents, vehicle collisions and medical malpractice. Following an on-the-job accident, we also advise victims of their rights under their workers’ compensation coverage as well as potential lawsuits against negligent third parties.
- Auto accidents — After an auto accident, you can rely on us to fight for the best possible outcome during litigation and negotiations with insurers. Should your matter stem from an automobile, tractor trailer or motorcycle accident, or as a result of an uninsured motorist, our experienced attorneys can explain the special considerations that affect these cases.
- Estate planning — We provide thorough estate planning counsel for clients who seek to draft wills, establish trusts or develop other methods of preserving and distributing assets. We also advocate for executors and beneficiaries in probate litigation.
- Elder law — Whether you require counsel on nursing home concerns, living wills, advance medical directives, trusts and estates or other issues that have an impact on seniors including Title XIX applications, our elder law attorneys can help you identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Employment law — An employment law problem can make your workplace intolerable and even cost you your job. You can rely us for effective legal support if you’ve been victimized by sexual harassment, wrongful termination, unlawful retaliation or the failure of your employer to provide required accommodations, overtime pay or COVID-19 related relief.
- Labor law and Union representation – Our experienced attorneys provide union representation in all aspects of collective bargaining and grievance arbitration matters involving municipal and private sector bargaining units. We have successfully represented school administrators, teachers, paraprofessionals, custodians, nurses, police, firefighters and other bargaining units throughout Connecticut for over 40 years.
- Real estate — For both residential and commercial real estate transactions, our firm provides clients the help they need to safeguard their interests. We also assist with zoning and land use hearings and appeals as well as property insurance claims and disputes.
- Municipal law and litigation — With an extensive background in municipal law and litigation, our firm has served as Town Attorney for several communities. We have also advocated on behalf of planning and zoning boards, police and fire commissions, and many other government agencies.
Regardless of how straightforward or complicated your legal challenge might seem, you can count on us to deliver knowledgeable counsel in these and other practice areas.
Contact a knowledgeable Connecticut lawyer to make an appointment
Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. advises Connecticut clients on a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury claims and estate planning concerns. To schedule a consultation, please call 203-407-4200 or contact us online. We have offices in Hamden and East Haven.